Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Review: Nailene French Manicure kit

The first Nailene (http://www.nailene.com) product that I used from the prizes that I won was the Nailene French Manicure kit.  I was so excited to use this product first because I'm a huge fan of french manicure style nails.  This is typically the only way I do my nails so getting this was like a dream (haha).


Starting off with clean, groomed nails, I added the nail guides provided in the kit.  Typically I don't use the nail guides and just free-hand the tips because of past experiences using the guides from the Sally Hansen French Manicure kits, which I hated.

Unlike the Sally Hansen guides, which never gave me a clean line even after minutes of drying (it always bled through the guide), the Nailene guides gave me a SUPER clean nail tip which I couldn't believe.  It seriously looked like my tips were fake.

For the polish, I wasn't a big fan of the brush in the white polish.  I'm not sure if it was just me painting it on really badly, or the brush itself.  But I found myself struggling to use it or to keep dipping it back into the polish.

What I did like was the base color that came with the kit.  I was a bit scared to use it since the bottle looked really pink, but when I brushed it on, it came out with a nice opaque color that did not over power on my nails.

The acrylic top coat that came in the kit was the best part.  None of the top coats I've used had a lasting effect on my nails.  They'd either start chipping off the polish in HUGE chunks within a day or two.  With this top coat, It actually made the polish last at least a week with little or no wear.
Even with the constant rustling through my purse and luggage during vacation, I was still able to maintain this look without any great damage.



Adding a touch of the nail art stickers (which I will review next), I've created a look that I was very satisfied and happy with.  I'd definitely recommend the Nailene French Manicure kit to anyone who's looking for a quick and easy (and inexpensive) French manicure that you can do in the privacy of your own house.

No comments:

Post a Comment