Sunday, February 6, 2011

NOTW: 2011-01-29

Nail of the Week
January 29, 2011
(I know the dates aren't showing up literally weekly, but I use the date when I either do them or when I upload the pictures from my camera)


I wanted to try out one of the new polishes I bought and decided to use the re-fresh mint color first.  It really stood out to me from the beginning, so I couldn't wait to try it!


What I used:
- China Glaze 867 Re-fresh Mint
- Milani Nail Art (with precision brush) in Black Sketch
- Nailene French Manicure (base color polish and acrylic strong top coat)
- Nailene Nail Guides
- Nailene Bedazzle Nail Art

Like always, base coat then base color.  I used 2 coats of the base color this time and after allowing it to dry i used the Nailene nail guides to design an asymmetrical tip nail.  I Painted the tips accordingly with two coats of the China Glaze polish  and allowed to dry.
Peeling off the guides became a problem.  The base coat started peeling off 4 of my nails as I removed the guides, but luckily I was able to touch it up without starting all over.  After the touch-up, i added a black outline and added some nail decals to the middle nail and the thumb.  Also added 2 coats of the Nailene top coat. 

Originally, I intended to keep the nail as is with just the green and that's it which is why I used the guides for a clean tip, but I thought the color was a little faint to just keep it as is and added the black line.

(picture right after it was done, not touched up yet)

 (Left: without cleaning up the side of nails, Right: After cleaning up*)
*sorry about the light, i used the backlight function instead of flash.

I really liked the color when it was on my nails.  It actually looks like the color straight out of the bottle, which doesn't happen all the time.  I also like how this particular color doesn't have a shimmer to it, so it gives a nice smoothness to it.  What also wasn't intentional was that the color of the polish actually matched my hoodie when I was doing my nails.  it didn't hit me until I started taking pictures and caught my sleeve on camera.

These lasted for the week and I could tell could have lasted longer. 
Upon removing the polish, I had no problems until it came to removing the decals, which I have stated before that they are hard to remove.  I used the foil and cotton ball method to removing it, they dissolved enough to "peel" off the decal, but that also meant I still had to clean up the polish underneath as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment