Friday, January 28, 2011

NOTW: 2011-01-21

Nail of the Week
January 21, 2011

Since it's the first week of school, I wanted something fun to try with my nails.  I ended up doing an asymmetrical french tip nail using the China Glaze polish I bought a couple weeks ago.

What I used:
- China Glaze 689 Emotion
- Milani Nail Art (with precision brush) in Black Sketch
- Nailene French Manicure (base color polish and acrylic strong top coat)
 
I did a base coat and the base color polish the night before doing the tips (which was probably a bad idea).  The next day when adding the color, I took the China Glaze polish and did a high slope swipe on one side of the nail and did a short slope swipe on the other side of the nail.  When dried, I added a black lining to the tips.  For the high slop, i made the lining pass the intersection and on the other side, i made the line touch the other.  And of course add a top coat when dried.

 The nails turned out fine until i put on the top coat.  I guess I didnt wait long enough for the black polish to dry because it actually bled and smeared when I put it on (which happens).  Something that I would have changed was to make the high sloping side thicker, which I'll try again with a different polish (I already have an idea in my mind).

I was debating about returning the "Emotion" color because I didnt like the way it looked on my nails when I applied it to the whole nail.  But as I've stated before, I'm not a big fan of painting the whole nail.  When I tested out putting it on the tips, I really liked the color after all and I love how it's shimmery.

I was a bit disappointed with the polish itself, but it was particularly my own fault.  I only applied one coat, which, when painted, looked good enough.  There was no streaking, it was not opaque, it actually looked fine.  However, the polish started to rub off after a day or two, so I had to do touch ups.

The mistake I made was applying the base polish coat the night before.  Being without the top coat and dealing with everyday business, ended up making it peel within a couple days after I DID apply the polish.  I'm not sure if that makes sense, but lets just say, it started peeling really badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment