Tuesday, January 18, 2011

NOTW: 2010-12-18

Nail of the Week:
December 18, 2010

I was looking at fuckyeahnailart tumblr and was inspired to make these nails.  I was a little hesitant at first to do the nails like this, since it was the first time I've done them this way, but I loved the way they turned out and these were my favorite NOTW by far.

I designed these nails for my niece's first birthday party.  Originally there was supposed to be Mickey and Minnie mouse heads painted on the middle finger nail, but there was some major complications, so i decided to make them stripey.

What I used:
- Milani Nail Art (with precision brush) in Black Sketch and White Canvas
- Nailene French Manicure (base color polish and acrylic strong top coat)
- Clear sticker rhinestones (from Nailene)

As always, a base coat was applied as well as a base color polish.  The same was used from the week before.  I originally used the Nailene French Manicure white tip polish to do the whites on the nail, but the polish was not only coming out streaky, but also faint (needed about 3 coats for a nice stand-out white).  I ended up using the Milani White Canvas polish to paint all the whites in the nail which not only turned out better than I expected, but easier to paint in.

Once the white dried, I painted black streaks as an outline, added a clear rhinestone at the tips of the nail where the diagonal line ended and in the case of the middle nails, i put them in the rhinestone in the middle.  I also added some simple decorations to the thumb, middle finger and pinky.

No comments:

Post a Comment