Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wedding Nails (mini-review)

Finally, I'm putting up the pictures of the nails i did for my sister's wedding.  I mentioned that this were to be a tutorial, but in the midst of decorating and painting, I just forget to take pictures step by step, so you'll see what I've done here and there, but its not really a tutorial, it's more of a "what i've done over time" picspam.  

I need to mention that I am (or was) fairly new to using the nail art brushes, which is why the designs came out sloppily, but removing the polish to start over also cannot be done as it'll ruin the nails itself.

Here I used:
- Milani Nail Art (with precision brush) in Black Sketch, White Canvas and Art of Gold
- Nailene Nail Studio in Burgundy/Maroon

 
Milani Nail Art polishes (with Art of Silver included)

Nails placed (in order) on a nail stand

  
Paint the thumb and ring finger nails white

        
The inspiration for the nail design are the flowers on the right which is the wedding print

I really liked my first attempt at nail designing this way, however, it could have been done better.  But with a little practice, it'll get better.

I might as well make this a mini-review since I wont be coming back to this anytime soon.
I was really happy that the Nailene Nail Studio nails came in that color.  It was just a coincidence that they matched the color scheme to my sister's wedding.  The only problem I had with it was that the color was a bit faded, it didn't have that shine that nail polish typically had.  I'm not a big fan of painting my whole nail (I stand by french manicures!), which is why I ended up painting them up with the design of the wedding.

This was the first time I got a chance to use the Milani Nail Art polishes and I LOVE them.  The brushes are very thin and long so you can make nice 'swishy' strokes, but because the brushes were long, it was difficult for me to draw the flowers on.

When it was time to put them on, it was the worst experience I've had with artificial nails. I put these on the night before the wedding.  They were perfectly fine when I went to bed, but when I woke up I was already missing one.  Luckily for me, it was still in my bed.  So I applied the glue on once more, next thing you know, a different nail pops off.  Also, another and so on and so on throughout the day.  It was horrible.  I only ended up wearing these for that day, and that was it.

It might be the fact that the nails fit rather oddly to my nail bed as opposed to the Nailene So Real nail set.  Overall, the Nailene Nail Studio nails I don't think I'll ever try again, but I'll be getting the Milani nail art polishes again and hopefully in the other colors as well

No comments:

Post a Comment