Tuesday, January 18, 2011

NOTW: 2010-12-11

Nail of the Week
December 11, 2010

I designed these nails for a Christmas luncheon I had with my cousins.  I wanted to try something different since I usually just do a regular white french tip. 

What I Used: 
- Milani Nail Art (with precision brush) in Black Sketch, White Canvas and Art of Silver
- Nailene French Manicure (base color polish and acrylic strong top coat)
 
Firstly, I applied a base coat on my nails.  In fact, I actually used the Nailene acrylic strong top coat as the bottom coat.  After letting it dry, I applied the base color polish first.
When that dried, I applied a quick swipe of Milani's Black Sketch over one side of the tips of my nails.  When that dried, I applied a quick swipe of Mlani's White Canvas over the other side of the tips of my nail, overlapping over the black.
I took the Art of Silver polish and drew a thin line, outlining the smile line on my nails as well as a small line separating the black and the white. Once everything was dry, I applied the top coat and this was what the outcome was.


I wore these for a week, but they could have lasted longer.  Removing the silver polish was tough (as is any type of glitter polish) so you have to be patient when trying to remove it or you'll damage your nail.  
These were great for a twist of the classic French manicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment