Tuesday, January 18, 2011

NOTW: 2010-12-30

Nail of the Week
December 30, 2010

I had a disaster during Christmas, so I never took a picture of my nails.  In fact, they didn't even last a day.  I removed the polish the next day.  They were a classic white french tip nail with a colored rhinestone jewel in the middle of each tips, but the polish was dry in time, so when I start rummaging through stuff they got ruined, and yeah.

For this week's, I designed these nails for a day out with my cousins and my nieces and nephews. We were going ice skating, so I was inspired to make these winter-like.  The blue and green rhinestones reflected the top I wore which is a green and blue striped, boat-neck top.

What I used:
- Nailene French Manicure (white tip polish and acrylic strong top coat)
- Wet n Wild Kaleidoscope Polish (glitter)
- Nail Art Kit gems (bought from Dollar Tree)

A base coat was applied, when dried, I used the white tip polish from the Nailene french manicure kit and applied 3 coats to all nails (yes, THREE).  When the white polish dried, on the thumb and ring finger, applying the top coat provided in the nail art kit, I applied the rhinestone gems, alternating blue and green in a descending pattern.  On the other nails, i applied one coat of the glitter polish..  Finish off with a top coat.



To be honest, I hated these nails as well.  I really shouldn't have applied that coat of glitter polish over the white, it looked better without it.  It also didn't help that one of my nephews thought that my nails were fake and wanted to snap them off, or that my mom thought it was scary that I applied the gems in that descending fashion.  "Why'd you do that?! That's weird, it looks scary". 

I bought the gems out of impulse.  I thought it was a cute idea at first, but realized that I didnt really like the shapes of any of the jewels except the blue one which is just a regular circle.  But hey, it was a dollar, and they're actually pretty good quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment