Tuesday, January 18, 2011

NOTW: 2011-01-10

Nail of the Week
January 11, 2011

I didn't design these for any particular reason, I just needed a new color, and thought I'd go with black tips this time.  I wasn't particularly feeling just a black tip so I added some glitter polish over the black and outlined the smile line with more glitter.

What I used:
- Milani Nail Art (with precision brush) in Black Sketch and Art of Silver
- Nailene French Manicure (base color polish and acrylic strong top coat)
- N.Y.C 105A Starry Silver Glitter

Of course, start off with a base coat, and then apply the base color polish.  Using the Milani nail art in black sketch, i painted the tips of the nails free hand.  When completely dry, I applied the NYC glitter polish in vertical strokes trying to get the larger pieces of glitter of the tips. I then applied an outline using the Art of Silver polish to each nail.  When everything was dry, a top coat was applied.

(Sorry for the crappy quality of pictures)

These were very simple, but I really liked them and would love to do them again like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment