Friday, June 17, 2011

NOTW: 2011-05-18

Nail of the Week
May 18, 2011
(I know the dates aren't showing up literally weekly, but I use the date when I either do them or when I upload the pictures from my camera)

Was a little bored, and tried to use a different technique this time.



What I used:
- OPI - Navy Blue (not sure about color#/name)
- Wet n Wild - 469 Hallucinate (clear with silver glitter)
- OPI - Rapid dry top coat
- Sponge, cut from a foundation sponge

 I'm going to write this quick since I'm getting sleepy.
I used the sponge and dabbed it on my nail tips to get a bit of a gradient look.  They also go above the smile line.  To make the blue a little darker, I applied a bit more polish at the tips using the brush which really did help in the gradient effect.  When the color dried, I applied the glitter polish over it, just one coat and then applied a top coat after it dried.

These nails lasted for about 2 weeks before the chipping of the polish got really bad. 
As much as I like the Rapid dry top coat that OPI has, I find that it works more like a clear layer of polish rather than protecting it.  Polish tends to peel off when I use that top coat. and when I mean peel, i mean PEEL. like, I can peel off the entire nail color without it chipping or ripping.

I really liked these nails, and I'm glad they lasted as long as they did.  I just wish that the top coat wasn't as bad as it is.



*Currently, my nails have been naked since this last look.  My nails are very brittle right now, not sure why since I havent had a problem before.  They've been peeling, usually it'd only be one of my nails, but a few of them have been peeling.  So not only are my nails naked, they are also short.  I don't usually like doing one color polishes (which I've said before), but since I got those new eLF polishes, I might as well try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment