Monday, April 18, 2011

NOTW: 2011-04-03

Nail of the Week
April 3, 2011
(I know the dates aren't showing up literally weekly, but I use the date when I either do them or when I upload the pictures from my camera)


Wanted some spring inspired nails and since I bought these new nail art pearls/beads specially for a spring nail, I decided to just go with it with this design.  I didn't really have a game plan, but they turned out better than I expected.



What I used:
- China Glaze 867 Re-fresh Mint
- Nailene French Manicure
- "Nail Accessory" Pearls from Daiso Japan

Used Re-fresh mint on the thumb and ring finger and painted the rest o them white.  Instead of doing a french tip inspired manicure, I did a moon mani inspired nail set instead.

After the nails had dried, I took a clear polish and painted it only over the moon parts of the nail and started adding pearls in the moon shape.  The thumb and ring nails are in a traditional moon while the others are actually tilted a couple degrees.  I used 4 different colors: yellow on the green nails (of course), blue, green and pink.


I was satisfied with the way they turned out, but I didn't like them enough to keep them more than a week.

When I saw these in Daiso, I just had to get them (along with another nail art kit which I'll show some other time).  Having the ability to buy inexpensive nail art just made me jump to get them without hesitation.  I spent a good chunk of time in that section of the store trying to decide what I should get.  They were only a  $1.50 and the quality is pretty awesome.  A couple of them fell off after being snagged in my hair (my hair ate them) when I was showering but that was the only problem I had with them which wasn't the pearls fault, it was mainly the top coat I used to secure them.

Daiso has really great inexpensive stuff.  It's a great "dollar" store to buy pretty much anything you want and I certainly tend to buy something everytime I leave the store and the beauty stuff is a great steal (I just recently bought false eyelashes which I'll review when I get to try them).


No comments:

Post a Comment