Monday, April 18, 2011

NOTW: 2011-03-11

Nail of the Week
March 11, 2011
(I know the dates aren't showing up literally weekly, but I use the date when I either do them or when I upload the pictures from my camera)


Wanted to use the same colors as last week's style.  Since I wasn't completely satisfied the week before, I thought I'd do something I knew I'd be happy with which are stripes.



What I used:
- China Glaze 867 Re-fresh Mint
- China Glaze 550 Aqua Baby
- Milani Nail Art (with precision brush) in Art of Silver
- Nailene French Manicure
- Toothpicks
 
It used the same materials as the last NOTW, but this time I painted the pointer and ring nails white.  I decided to do stripes this time.  so I painted diagonal lines starting with the green and then used the blue since it could overlap the green color without having it look as if i painted over the color (does that make sense?).  I used the silver striper to define the lines better, then took a toothpick and dotted diagonally on the white parts of the nail.
 

 
This nail design, along with the black and white nails from December 18, are probably my favorite.  I wanted to keep these nails longer than a week, but the white started to chip, so I decided to just remove them.  It was actually a great idea to do that too since the blue color is actually dark enough to actually stain your nails.  My nails had a hint of blue after removal.  It wasn't stained for too long, but it was enough to stain them which I'm not particularly familiar with since I usually use light colors (which is strange considering the black I use doesn't stain)

*Note to self:  I really need to start making names for my nail sets

No comments:

Post a Comment